I am a Reader at the School of Chemistry, University of Edinburgh. My area of interest and expertise is in chemistry education.
- Associate Editor of the journal Chemistry Education Research and Practice. CERP is free to access.
- Chair of the editorial board of the RSC’s Education in Chemistry, a magazine for chemistry teachers in secondary and higher education.
- Member of the Centre for Science Education, University of Edinburgh.
I also try to be a historian, and have written some books:
- you can read about my book on the history of Enniskerry at this website
- A study of early school houses in County Wicklow, Ireland, is now available on Google books.
School of Chemistry,
University of Edinburgh,
Joseph Black Building,
David Brewster Road,
Scotland EH9 3FJ.
E: michael.seery [AT] ed.ac.uk