- Nobel Prizes this week, and whatever about computer gaming this year, it is also the centenary of Braggs’ work (did you know there were two?). You can watch a beautiful animation on this topic from the Royal Institution and download William Bragg’s Lab Notebook from Leeds University library
- New Directions, the HEA (UK) journal for physics, chemistry, and astronomy education relaunched this week, with a bumper issue. Lots of stuff on lab teaching. I have a perspective on technology in chemistry teaching.
- Two conferences in Limerick: ChemEd Ireland Oct 19th – updated programme on the Irish Science Teachers Association Website and International Conference on Initiatives in Chemistry Teachers Training (29th Nov)
- Two Journal Clubs since the last Links update: Using Lecture Handouts and on Teleological Explanations
- A nice photosynthesis animation freely available on J Chem Ed
- A description of the new Leaving Cert Chemistry Experiment on the oxidation of phenylmethanol (or benzylalcohol to actual chemists)
- In a week when it’s all about the physicists, let’s remember they’re not always that clever…
Thanks @RI_science, @DocWithTheSocs, @SellaTheChemist, @mmeureka, @walshmarie