ChemEd Ireland is being held at Dublin Institute of Technology Kevin St on Saturday October 11th, 2014.
The 33rd Chem-Ed Ireland Conference returns to Dublin on Saturday October 11th from 9.30 am to 4pm at Dublin Institute of Technology Kevin St. Campus (5 minutes walk from St. Stephen’s Green). This annual event provides an opportunity to share resources and ideas relevant to teaching chemistry and science in Ireland. It features both presentations and workshops on topics that include; the new Junior Cycle Science specification, effective hands-on laboratory demonstrations, new chemistry teaching resources, applications of chemistry research and applying technology to enhance teaching and learning.
- Dr Kristy Turner, Royal Society of Chemistry School Teacher Fellow and Teacher Trainer
- Miriam Hamilton, Junior Cycle for Teachers Science Team Leader
- Marie Walsh, Limerick IT, coordinator of Chemistry is All Around Us project
- Dr Maria Sheehan, Science Advisor with the Professional Development Service for Teachers
- Angela McKeown, Royal Society of Chemistry Programme Manager for Ireland
The conference fee includes a hot lunch, tea and coffee and the conference programme
Please register at the Eventbrite website at this link: http://www.eventbrite.ie/e/chemed-ireland-2014-tickets-12938390073