I put out a call for useful apps for chemistry education yesterday and these came in.* If you have any more ideas, let me know and I will add them.
- New: goREACT – an interactive periodic table where you can react elements together. Based on an exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry at Chicago
- ChemDraw – very useful and easy way to draw pretty structures on iPad. Intuitive to use.
- Merck periodic table
- Socrative – Clicker type app. There’s a teacher version and a student version. Limited to 50 students. Responseware similar but requires subscription.
- Evernote, Notability, iDo Pro, Explain everything, iAnnotate, Show Me – useful for writing/annotating/recording video.
- Idocea – teacher organiser
Other links this week:*
- Chem Ed 2013 in LIT: Programme
- Some Leaving Cert Chemistry syllabus changes
- Hydrogen bonds visible for first time
- Ideas for structuring discussion
- RSC Launched a Places of Chemistry App
- Microwavable solvents in DeclanFleming’s EiC Exhibition Chemistry
- Innovative Pedagogy report from OU
Thanks to @doc_kristy, @STEMPedR, @sdb, @S_J_Lancaster, @tinaoverton, @walshmarie, @marksmithers, @RSC_EiC, @ChemistryWorld, @simonpbates, @RSC_Science