Links are now compiled on a rolling basis on scoopit – you can see them there are they are added. This week I added:
- Amended the iPad app list to include “goREACT” – an interactive periodic table where you can react elements together. Based on an exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry at Chicago.
- Learning styles persist, despite being debunked – here’s a useful article.
- Was reminded of my article on Constructivism in Chemistry, and since writing that found Keith Taber’s work (including a free chapter download) to be very useful and informative.
- Interesting article on GCSE coursework that might be of interest to chemistry teachers including those meeting at this weekend’s ChemEd Ireland at LIT.
- Similarly, a nice article on role of Public Analyst, with some interesting case studies.
- A nice wiki showing students’ contributions to building up some fundamentals of a periodic table.
- David Read has attacked a beast of a paper (in a good way) on chemical bonding in textbooks highlighting the main findings for practitioners.