Please see details below of events supported by the RSC in November in the Ireland Region, along with a funding call for events in the Republic of Ireland Local Section.
- DNA in Food and Forensics: 6th November, Queens University Belfast, McClay Library.
- The Role of Women in Chemistry: 8th November, 2- 6 pm, Large Lecture Theatre, School of Chemistry, Trinity College Dublin.
- A Magical Science Show: 9th November, University of Ulster, Newtownabbey.
- Chemistry at Work Events: 6th November, University of Ulster (Coleraine); 9th November University of Ulster (Jordanstown); 12th and 13th November, Queen’s University; 13th November, Limerick Institute of Technology.
- SCI/RSC Science Week Quiz: 14th November, Doyle’s Pub, College Green, Dublin 2.
- Scifest-The Chemistry Winners- Celebration Event: 14th November, Waterford Institute of Technology.
- Careers in Chemistry: 15th November, 10.30 – 1.00, Trinity College Dublin, Tercentenary Lecture Theatre, Trinity Biochemical Science Institute.
- Chemistry Week is 18th to 22nd November. See www.rsc.li/global-experiment.
Further details of events in the Ireland Region are also listed at: http://www.rsc.org/Membership/Networking/Regions/Ireland/IrelandEvents.asp and there is a Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/RSCIreland
In addition, members in the Republic of Ireland Local Section are invited to submit calls for support of events or activities promoting the chemical sciences, subject to availability of funds. The application should consist of a short (200 words) description of the proposed activity. The terms and conditions of the funding are as follows:
RSC Republic of Ireland Local Section Event Grant
Terms and Conditions
1 Projects should fulfil the RSC Charter by being both charitable and advancing the chemical sciences.
2 Only one grant per applicant will be awarded in any 12 month period.
3 If awarded the applicant will be asked to log the event on the RSC website at least six weeks in advance so that it appears in Chemistry World Events Listings. The applicant will be also asked to provide a one-page report on completion of the project including a breakdown of the use of the grant. Payment of the grant can only be made on provision of receipts and a completed reimbursement form to the Honorary Treasurer.
4 All publicity material advertising the event/initiative must exhibit the RSC logo.